Frequently Asked Questions
Why Go Solar?
- It’s a solid Investment. It’s fair to say that many home improvements won’t add quite the value to your home as the money you put into them. Solar on the other hand will save you money each month on the utility bill as well as value to your home should you decide to sell it down the road. In a challenging market it may be difference in the time on market or even selling or not. Additionally in Arizona solar panels will not increase your property taxes. Solar System get special property tax exemptions that exclude the added value of a solar panel system from being considered in the valuation of a property for taxation purposes.
- It’s good for the environment. Unlike conventional power, solar produces no harmful emissions that hurt the environment. It’s a clean, renewable process that uses the most natural of all resources: the sun. Even the energy used to produce the PV cells is paid back soon after. In the U.S. fossil fuels are used to generate 68% of the electricity we consume. The resulting emissions include Carbon dioxide (CO2), Carbon monoxide (CO), Sulfur dioxide (SO2), Nitrogen oxides(NOx), Particulate matter (PM), Mercury and other toxic byproducts.
- Solar Is Cool! Let’s face it, what’s cooler than powering you home with solar?
- Solar Systems Are Durable. Solar panels have no moving parts to break and are not easily damaged. Panels are tested to endure heavy wind, hail, and snowfall. The systems are designed to be as strong or stronger than your roof itself. Even if something were to occur Sunbright Solar and the manufacturers of the components give superior product, installation and workmanship warranties.
- You’re paying for power either way! Whether you’re paying you utility bill or your paying for solar your still paying. This is much like purchasing a home vs renting. You can invest in yourself and your home by taking control of your energy costs, or continue to rent the power from the utility. So why not pay less by owning your own power plant?
- Solar Has A Fixed Cost. Electricity form utility providers is never guaranteed a set price for any length of time. Utility rates nationally and in Arizona have been on the rise for years. As a consumer with only one provider of power you have no choice but to pay whatever the current price is.
- Solar works with and pays for other home improvements. Installing solar on your home allows you the opportunity to design other home improvements with that addition in mind. For instance some consider the additional power requirements involved in pool or spa. Many are purchasing solar integrated parking and shade structures. How about that old electrical service box that needs upgrading? When combining these items with solar you can collect tax credit on them. Plus, all the money your saving on electric bills will help to cover the cost of future projects.
- Solar benefits everyone. Businesses can also save lots of money by going solar. They tend to have high electrical usage and pay higher rates. Going solar helps them stay competitive, demonstrate their commitment to sustainability, and even increase employee morale. Many businesses are seeing that solar offers more than just utility savings and some tax credits. Green credentials, more engaged employees, and higher levels of morale can do wonders for a business’s bottom line.
- Solar creates jobs and helps your local economy. According to The Solar Foundation, the solar industry added jobs at a rate nearly 12 times faster than the overall U.S. economy in 2015, representing 1.2 percent of all jobs in the country. This growth is expected to continue. Because solar-related jobs tend to be higher paying and cannot be outsourced, they are a significant contributor to the U.S. economy.
- It’s the future! In 2016 the United States reached its millionth solar installation. By 2020 that number is expected to hit 10 million. Developments in battery technology, smart homes, and smart grids are improving by leaps and bounds. Today’s solar systems are smarter, longer lasting, and capable of adapting to tomorrow’s technology and demands.
Still got questions? Feel free to contact us anytime, we’re always here for you!